Saturday, November 27, 2004

"Come Saturday Morning..."

Come Saturday Morning
The Sandpipers
Words by Dory Previn and Music by Fred Carlin

Peak chart position # 17 in 1970
Featured on the soundtrack of the film "The Sterile Cuckoo" starring Liza Minnelli

Come Saturday morning
I'm goin' away with my friend
We'll Saturday-spend till the end of the day-ay
Just I and my friend
We'll travel for miles in our Saturday smiles
And then we'll move on
But we will remember long after Saturday's gone


I was 10 when that song came out and I loved it -- a really "pretty" song, soft men's voices, a lilting 3/4 beat. I've never seen The Sterile Cuckoo... doesn't sound very promising if you're going by the title. And it has Liza with a Z in it -- hey, how is it she gets two mentions in my blog and I don't even like her? (Although I will agree with Hope -- she probably IS the definitive Cabaret star... looks like I'll need to see that too).

Anyhoo, I'm up early this morning, answering phone calls, printing out shit for people, picking people up -- and I'm just a little bit annoyed that I'm not having my own sweet little Saturday morning to do what I love -- mess around on the computer and read my blog buds! AARGH... how do I get myself into this crap?!?! Still haven't figured out the balance yet... but I supposed the fact that I know I'm annoyed is a good start. DAMN WATER HEART LINES!

A couple of things to do and I'm having my own damn Saturday morning, even if it IS Saturday afternoon.