Monday, October 04, 2004

The Bachelor "0 for 5"
The Bachelorette "2 for 2"

Meredith and Ian

The Bachelorette, Meredith Phillips and her beau, Ian McGee

I just posted this an MSN board and I really liked what I had to say! LOL (I did have to correct it here for misspelling though. :)

Hi all,

I learned this from Dr. Pat Allen, who wrote "Getting to I Do" and does incredible seminars in the L.A. area:

"There's only ONE EGG, and there's a zillion sperm. In nature, as it should be." (Okay, something like that, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist.)

It's not chauvinism -- it's natural. We women are the ones who have everything to gain/lose and it's up to them to COURT and WOO us and give up their Bachelor Ways and grow up (Thank you, Dennis Prager) and hash it out with the other suitors (do we have to watch a bunch of women catfight about it to get "picked"?!) -- and it is only our perogative to say yes or no, because that man has to be Our Hero. What successful marriage did you see that the fellow wouldn't slay a dragon for the love of his his wife? Those are the men we need to be with -- Men Who Love US. That's why it works with The Bachelorette -- and I have 100% confidence that Jen will make it 3 for 3 because that's The Way It's Supposed To Be.

WHEW... I don't know where that came from, because my life is a hodgepodge of my dumbing down for men (pick me, pick me) instead of having them rise to the occasion or already BE at the occasion. Probably why I feel so strongly now.

Thanks for listening,
Madley (way past Cinderella age)