Wednesday, June 01, 2005

40 Questions Asked and Answered

[Stolen from One With Cat.]

1. My uncle once: escaped from the Japanese in the Philippines in WWII

2. Never in my life: got married

3. When I was five: I gave my Barbie a pretty bob haircut

4. High School was: the most I was "me" for a long time

5. I will never forget: the first time ;)

6. I once met: a french chef from Bora Bora on a red-eye to New York... that's a HELL of a story I'll write about someday.

7. There’s this girl I know: who can't wait to be a "real" lesbian -- she's looking for "butches" so you know any, let me know

8. Once, at a bar: I felt uncomfortable. I always do. Filipinos just don't do that ("where's the FOOD?"), and I can't stand the smell of beer.

9. By noon I’m usually: just waking up or still asleep

10. Last night: I was just a little bit miserable. I've heard it was Moon in Pisces blues. If anything, I remembered I had been forgetting about taking my Lexapro... and took one.

11. If I only had: a comfortable, steady income

12. Next time I go to church: will probably be when I'm around my parents

13. Terry Schiavo: too sad -- could barely stand to hear about it

14. What worries me most: I'll leave this planet without accomplishing what I should

15. When I turn my head left, I see: an air conditioner and pretty green plants covering the driveway fence

16. When I turn my head right: a kitchen that's inhabited by an 8-year old brat (me)

17. You know I’m lying when: I giggle (because you've already suspected.)

18. What I miss most about the eighties: living in NYC and weighing 121 pounds.

19. If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be: Kate from "Taming of the Shrew" That'd be fun. However, DramaQueen in here would love to be Juliet stopping at the Lark/Nightingale scene and meeting her Romeo over and over again and never grow up... in reality, I'd only get cast as the Nurse. "A sail! A sail!"

20. By this time next year: I'm getting ready for another adventure... anywhere!

21. A better name for me would be: Vampira

22. I have a hard time understanding: Myself. And French.

23. If I ever go back to school I’ll: take theater and film and not worry about not getting cast because of my skin color. I'd just go be as BOLD as I was in high school.

24. You know I like you if: I can't stop talking with you or I start teasing you.

25. If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: Mom and Dad. Of course.

26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: Unique? Have no idea about Slim Pickens -- is that a real person?

27. Take my advice: teach your kids how to have a bedtime and put themselves to sleep. It's torture as an adult... my worst vice.

28. My ideal breakfast is: FREE! Anything with scrambled eggs -- steak, corn beef hash -- eggs benedict... Ooh, I also love DINNER at breakfast too. haha

29. A song I love, but do not have is: Old Devil Moon (I don't know why I have this THING for that song... a cute young fellow sang 10 years ago in a seminar I was called the Joy of Singing. It still sticks and I don't even really know what the heck that song is ABOUT! (Heya, love ya, Warren!)

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: hanging out with people who live here so you'll know the "real" LA. There's nothing to see, and none of it is in guidebooks.

31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: Crisp and clear? LOL

32. Why won’t people: STOP TALKING about NOTHING!

33. If you spend the night at my house: it must mean I really like you to let you see me at my worst -- and that you're crazy to want to do it.

34. I’d stop my wedding for: a relative's untimely death... but other than that, the show goes on because it's been THAT LONG in the waiting! hahahha

35. The world could do without: Britney Spears, her mate and their spawn

36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of a fat, ugly, hairy guy -- or girl! YUCK!

37. My favorite blonde is: Madonna, when she's blond.

38. Paper clips are: the best, especially all the different colored ones

39. If I do anything well, it’s: making a mess

40. And by the way... I never get tired of these things!