Saturday, April 16, 2005

Tid-bits

* I'm really late for a big house party I'm supposed to be at 5:00 pm -- I hate when I'm that rude, it's not nice and it doesn't matter if it's big and goes all night...

* I finished another website I'm very proud out of:
"Under El Gran Mesquite" A World Premiere Written and Performed by Gonzalo Venecia Whatcha think?

* Geez, I've got lots more websites to catch up on too... looking forward now that I'm back on track...

* Which means, YES, I'm consistently back on my meds.

* Mom retracted her "ugly child" statement when I brought it up last week. "How can a mother say that about her first-born child?" I think she's a bit horrified someone said that, not to mention it was HER who said it. Nevertheless, I'm quite comforted that (1) she retracted it and (2) she doesn't think that anymore. That's all that counts :) Now if I would just lose weight so "you'll still be around to take care of us..." (oh, I can here Terrie my writing teacher saying "Start there, do a ten-minute spontaneous on that line!")

* My friend Rick gave me an author-autographed book called "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T. Harv Eker for my birthday. I've heard way too much about this guy and thought oh, boy, another Anthony Robbins or Rich Dad dealy -- I've read enough of those for now. But I opened it last night and I can't get enough of it! Healers like me don't often know a lot of practical/financial info... but now I do!

Watch out, I'M THINKING BIG AND IT'S ALL GREAT! Thank you, Ricardo :)

* I spend a few hours at Barnes and Noble reading a book on "Choosing the right dog for you." I read it cover to cover -- and went home feeling very satisfied! Just had to read it made me feel great. And last night I decided when I get another pal... I'm getting me a mutt puppy. THERE! hehehe After all my snobbishness (that's even chronicled in my play, Carabao Bookends) about getting a purebreed... I just realized that that's someone else's idea of great that I bought into, not mine! Hey, I like mixing EVERYTHING for something one of a kind and unique -- why not a pupster?! hehehe If you've known me long, you'll know that's VERY me...

* I got to the post office to drop off my taxes at 5:26, four minutes before closing. Yay, I was on time to file a big fat zero! But not next year, folks...

* I just cleared out six spaces in my alloted 10 spaces of matches on eharmony.com and this one fellow is being persistent in wanting communication with me — now am I ready to put my money where my mouth is? It's a bit exciting... can I AFFORD $49.95 right now? HA, just got a gut answer... not right now, but soon. I'm not feeling afraid of a relationship anymore!

* I used to make greeting cards... and I'm going to do that again (according to T. Harv) and in a big way. But right now, gonna make one for my friend and get to this party...