Monday, September 12, 2005

Speaking of Donald Clark Osmond

with Donny and Marion
He was a guest on the health and fitness show I worked on as a Production Secretary (and that's Marion Ross, "Mrs. C" on Happy Days, as one of our hosts).

Yes, this is on camera... everyone in the office knew I had been crazy about him when I was kid, so they invited fellow officemate, Armeen and I to come to the set at the Marina del Rey hotel to say hello.

Well, I wasn't going to meet my teenage idol empty-handed... so I bought I little bouquet of white mums with a big purple flower in it. Like he really needed flowers.

Little did I know that the producer and the crew had a surprise for me -- I was going to get to give it to him on camera! HAHAH I thought I had calmed down after all the Donny Osmond songs Armeen and I shouted/sang in the car... but no, this was absolutely nauseating!

Then all of a sudden, there I am on stage interrupting Marion. How tickled I am! I still look at that picture and crack myself up.

I said something like, "These are for you -- and the there's a purple one in the middle." He said something like Prince has usurped the color purple now... and it was over. Wish I had tape.

me, Donny and Armeen

We took a picture afterwards, Armeen and I, with the guy I was going to convert to Mormonism for. Ah, the mind of a 10-year-old. But I'll always have a special place in my heart for Donny. Don't you? :)