Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Maddening Day

And that's all I'll say about that.

Thank God for a quiz/meme from Stacey, Allie and DevilBoss -- love these pseudo-slambooks, they make me feel so very... youthful. Thanks ladies!

10 years ago I was…
I was six months in this apartment. I laughed when my landlady said the tenant before was here for nine years... I'm not laughing anymore. I was also working for Disney for a Texan named Skip who loved to juggle his many younger Asian lady dates... and was eight months into my first real relationship, that should've ended after two weeks, but instead lasted two years (officially) and two years after that. Hm.

5 years ago I was…
I think I was working for Xena: Warrior Princess. I think. Yeah. Okay, so it was a quiet time.

1 year ago I was…
This is depressing... still doing what I'm doing now... reading hands, trying to finish college, without a man but not really wanting one... but I think I was harder on myself than I am now.

Yesterday I was…
Taking the terrific Alchemy of Love class with the fab Heidi Rose -- the topic was "softening the heart" and was great. Almost as great -- the split pea soup and grill cheese sandwich at the House of Pies afterwards!

5 snacks I enjoy the most:

  1. Watermelon
  2. DIPS, any kind of dips!
  3. Chicken wings
  4. Anything passed as hor douvres, especially at weddings
  5. CHEESE

5 songs I know all the words to:

  1. Puppy Love, Donny Osmond (of course)
  2. It's Too Late, Carole King
  3. As Long As He Needs Me, from "Oliver!"
  4. For All We Know, The Carpenters
  5. Just My Imagination, The Temptations (good god, I'm a karaoke queen!)

5 things I would do with a billion dollars:

  1. Buy and furnish a bitchin' house on solid rock with a view and a huge guest house in LA with a cook, a trainer and a housekeeper; a place in NYC and Paris.
  2. Buy my dad a Jaguar, my mom a daily housekeeper and them a vacation home big enough for them and their friends in Hawaii -- and other fricking thing they want!
  3. Put lots away from the nieces/nephews (and me); buy houses/trips/oodles of presents for relatives and friends; invest in their cool creative projects
  4. Travel forever and make films, theater, art
  5. Build a school in both Surigao and Iloilo, Philippines...

5 places ideal for running away to:

  1. Switzerland
  2. South of France/Italy/Greece
  3. Paris
  4. Russia
  5. Manhattan!

5 items you’ll never see me wear:

  1. Ruffles
  2. Anything midriff-y. Are you kidding?
  3. Gold
  4. A watch
  5. Anything itchy

5 best TV shows:

  1. My Fair Brady, Kept (anything on VH1)
  2. Celebrity Poker Showdown
  3. The Apprentice
  4. Entourage
  5. Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List

5 biggest joys in life:

  1. My family (shout out to Stephie!)
  2. Musicals! (immediate tears at the overtures)
  3. Los Angeles
  4. Great food, wine and company
  5. Growing, learning, creating

5 favorite toys:

  1. The sungka game (shell game) my mom gave me and taught me how to play when I was a kid.
  2. Adobe Photoshop
  3. My high school tiara
  4. Deck of cards
  5. Yamaha electric keyboard