Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Year of the Rooster

Happy Chinese New Year!

Vivian and MandoVivian, the soon-to-be-photojournalist :) took these at the Chinese New Year Parade in Pasadena, CA last Sunday, February 13. (That's her friend Mando on the stilts :)

Funny, when I saw these three zoo people walking around with chickens, I thought there was going to be a cock fight somewhere or these guys were on their way to gettin' roasted. (I'm so Filipino -- and yes, cock fights are illegal in the U.S.) Ends up if you pet one during the Year of the Rooster, it's good luck. So I did of course -- how can it NOT be good luck to pet a c*ck during the year? (I'm a BAD Filipino at that! hehehe)

Amazing!
More soon -- this week's been jam-packed -- glad you gals (and Hairy) are keeping the fires warm amongst yourselves here, you're always welcome!!!