Friday, February 11, 2005

Happy Talk

Happy talk, keep talking happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do,
You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?

From the musical South Pacific (1949)
Music by Richard Rodgers
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II

(Hey, this is like an Answer Girl blog entry, how fun! I could go off on a South Pacific tangent -- Bloody Mary, Liat, me, my mother -- right now... but I'll save it for another day :)

===

Had a terrific lunch (three hours!) with my Composition professor, off-campus even! Of course I'd offered to "buy the muffin" as we usually meet up in the cooler or the cafeteria... but off-campus... uh-oh, I only had $20 on me... Fortunately he picked Thai food and my car was in good, clean shape... what a wonderful catch up time, productive and enriching. Good talk about my recital, Filipino-American stuff... just good talk, filling for the soul! And the banana-coconut soupy sweet dessert -- wow, was that tasty! And he bought... how lovely was that :)

[So as to not jinx him, I won't speak anymore about the "search" process except that my mother is praying for him to get it so he can for sure help me out. :) Oh Mom... always looking out for me!]