Sunday, January 01, 2006

Interview With A Vampire... er, Madley

Got this from YankeeBob the perfect thing for an exhausted Madley to do on the evening of the first day of the year (spent the whole day at The Grove and howled at The Producers). Should be a good/painless recap (thanks YB!).

(Update: it's taken me a week to look at this... so much for jumping into the new year!)

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? Graduated from Hand Analysis

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Never make them because I never keep them -- and worse, beat myself up for not keeping them. So no more beating myself up!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes... my pug Yvette. :(

5. What countries did you visit? None (how sad)

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A prosperous income and a college degree and LOVE. Or at least an international airline ticket somewhere.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 24, 2005 -- Thanksgiving. The moon and the stars were all in the right place that night ;)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Singing at Lynn and Stephen's Friday salon the night before their wedding... finally "came out" as a performer sort of!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not having my own money and going into lots of debt, and not singing at Andrea and Matthew's wedding.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No

11. What was the best thing you bought? A pair of earrings and matching necklace -- I've never done that before and they make me feel pretty :)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My niece, Stephanie, and sweetie pie Kate!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? A few teachers.

14. Where did most of your money go? Into my stomach

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Falling in "friendship," and sort-of love...

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? "Something Good" from The Sound of Music... it's the Enneagram song for a certain One I know (and it includes my disintegrated Seven self).

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Happier, I think... more present, if anything.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Working out, losing weight, writing music, KISSING.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being afraid to be myself

20. How did you spend Christmas? Quietly, at my youngest brother's house with family

21. How will you spend New Year’s? I spent the Eve driving from the Bay Area, then at Claudia's and barely made it for the countdown, then talking w/ Patric in the car for awhile.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005? YES.

23. How many one-night stands? Same guy, (lovely!) but never all night, so I guess that doesn't count. [It's not the same guy as #22 though.]

24. What was your favorite TV program? Kept, The Apprentice, My Fair Brady... a lot of the makeover/design shows, Celebrity Poker and Jeopardy.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Yes.

26. What was the best book you read? I'm reading it: The Year of Magical Thinking (Joan Didion)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? WICKED, Rachel Fuller and el cajon.

28. What did you want and get? Company for dinner at my house to help a friend. WOW! It felt good.

29. What was your favorite CD of this year? WICKED

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Crash.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Was with Mom and Dad -- at midnight they gave me so PJs... it was so sweet because they sang Happy Birthday too!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To be in love and have it reciprocated.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Non-existent until Dec 4, 2005... I woke up and got extremely flattered for it. ;)

34. What kept you sane? Lexapro and my hand group, Heidi Rose, Viv C and Viv G.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry from "My Fair Brady" -- and Austen Earl and Seth Frye from KEPT.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? I plead the 5th

37. Whom do you miss? Yvette and Tyler, and my immediate family

38. Who was the best new person that you met? Uranian

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: FLIRTING IS GOOD!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"Something Good"

Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somewhere in my wicked, miserable past
There must have been a moment of truth

For here you are, standing there, loving me
Whether or not you should
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good