Friday, May 23, 2008

Raising Cain: The documentary is ONLINE!

From the Academy of New Musical Theatre newsletter this week -- one year later and the doc is up. WOW! And what a year it's been.

I am so glad I participated in the ANMT mini-musicals, and even more proud that I was a "subject" in this documentary. Maybe the next one you'll actually see me with my fingers on a piano... but hey, I'm shy about my skills when you've got such a pro like Myrna around.

What a great year time -- thanks, Kell and Myrna.

Enjoy the show-- from Madley (aka The Comic Relief).

A documentary about ANMT/Mini-Musicals! (27 minutes)

Last season, filmmaker Kellen Blair followed the amazing journey of one team of writers as they created the musical CAIN AND ABEL: THE NAKED TRUTH, as part of ANMT's annual rite of passage, the 15-Minute Musical.

Kellen himself was the lyricist on this project, which allows an audience a rare behind-the-scenes look at what it's like to create a musical.

Follow Kellen and his collaborators Myrna Emata (bookwriter) and Madley Katarungan (composer) as they experience the highs, lows, tears and laughter of creating a brand new work of musical theatre.

To watch the documentary (via streaming!), CLICK HERE!

The writers of CAIN AND ABEL: THE NAKED TRUTH
(l to r: Madley Katarungan (music); Kellen Blair (lyrics): Myrna Emata (book)