Thursday, January 22, 2009

MUSH! Seriously.

It's been a long time since I've blogged about the old "love life" -- and guess what, I'm not even going to do it here! Seriously. I actually have a private place I write about the current stuff to (1) protect my "victim(s)" from my insanity (2) keep it real for myself while I'm in the midst of it, and because (3) it's all so disgustingly MUSHY I can't even bear to read it myself, much less publish it for human consumption!

But I can say that as I've been transcribing some music for my friend Rick Lasquete for an audition, "Guy B" has never left my mind or my heart. Seriously.

I first heard this sung by Kevin Kline as composer Cole Porter in "De-Lovely", singing it to Ashley Judd... made me ball my eyes out. (If you now about Cole Porter and his life... oh boy...) And today, it's happening again: I miss my guy.

Enjoy "So In Love" from the musical Kiss Me Kate, sung here by Brent Barrett in the London production. And yes, Guy B, this one's for you.



SO IN LOVE

Strange, dear, but true, dear,
When I'm close to you, dear,
The stars fill the sky,
So in love with you am I.
Even without you
My arms fold about you.
You know, darling why,
So in love with you am I.
In love with the night mysterious
The night when you first were there.
In love with my joy delirious
When I knew that you could care.
So taunt me and hurt me,
Deceive me, desert me,
I'm yours 'til I die,
So in love,
So in love,
So in love with you, my love, am I.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]